Train your bike! (3 hours):
This session is conducted in a parking lot. It consists of a set of progressive drills designed to increase students’ control and comfort handling their bikes in various situations. Drills include:
- Start/Stop, Power Pedal & Balance Stop
- Snail Race, Slow-speed Balance
- Drag-race, Gears & Acceleration
- Ride Straight, One-handed
- Shoulder Check
- Object-avoidance Handling, Weave, Snap
- Turning: Slow-speed Tight Turns, High-speed cornering, Emergency Snap-turn
- Emergency Braking
63% of Florida adult cycling hospitalizations do NOT involve a motor vehicle. Many are crashes with fixed objects, pavement hazards, pedestrians, animals or other cyclists, and could be avoided with better bike-handling skills.
This session is available á la carte. You may take it as a stand-alone class.
In three short hours, you will learn to command your bike with precision and confidence.