- In Part 1 of this series, a comprehensive overview of cycling law enforcement, Kirby Beck took us through the fascinating history of cops on bikes, and gave an overview of the current state of enforcement for a cyclist issued a traffic ticket — or not.
- In part 3, he will discuss what police need to learn about cycling law enforcement.
Here, in part 2, Beck explains:
- What police mean when they describe something as a “problem” (hint: it’s different from how you or I might use the word)
- How to effectively report incidents to 911
- What a cyclist issued a traffic ticket should do (step one: stay calm!)
Beck is a retired police officer and a trainer with the International Police Mountain Bike Association.
revised from original post by Tamar Wilner